Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Starting Point

Each Saturday I will post pictures of my progress and my newest numbers, but there will be nothing to compare it to if I don't post my starting stats.  

Week 1, Day 1 Measurements: 
Left Arm: 12 3/4in
Right Arm: 12 3/4 in
Left Thigh: 21 1/2in
Right Thigh: 21 1/4in
Upper Waist: 31 3/4in
Lower Waist: 35 5/8in
Hips: 39 3/8in



My original plan was to start today, but last night the hubby and his friend went to a last minute movie which gave me some peace and quiet so I did my first workout. (Although I'm not really counting that towards my goal, more of a challenge) 

Workout: Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 1

Day 1: 
This was my first day doing this workout. And let met just say ouch. I didn't make it through the entire video, which was 27 minutes long. However I did make it to 21:45. I am proud that I made it over halfway. I struggled most with the jumping jacks, jump ropes, and push-ups. I felt like I was going to die, but I pushed myself  to go as long as possible. But I can only improve from here. 


Day 2: Level 1
Today I only made it to 14:23. I felt really hot and sort of light headed (probably due to lack of water. Shame on me.) One good thing is that I made it to just about 15 minutes, its better than 10 or 5 minutes. 

I just finished taking a Health Psychology class that incorporated a lot of Positive Psychology. After that class, I came away with the  the goal to think more happy thoughts, instead of those thoughts that put myself down which only lead to me feeling bad and depressed. SO, I made to 14:23! Tomorrow I will do better. 

No comments: